Loudoun CU offers Traditional and Roth IRAs to help get you one step closer to your retirement dreams. While Traditional IRAs offer tax-deferred earnings and the possibility of tax-deductible contributions. Roth IRAs are funded by non-deductible contributions but give owners the opportunity for tax-free withdrawals.
*Consult your tax advisor for more information.
- No income limits to open
- No minimum contribution in any year
- Contributions are tax deductible on state and federal income tax*
- Earnings are tax deferred until withdrawal (when usually in lower tax bracket)
- Withdrawals can begin at age 59.5
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty**
- Mandatory withdrawals at age 70.5
- Income limits to be eligible to open Roth IRA
- Contributions are NOT tax deductible
- Earnings are 100% tax-free at withdrawal*
- Principal contributions can be withdrawn without penalty*
- Withdrawals on interest can begin at age 59.5
- Early withdrawals on interest subject to penalty**
- No mandatory distribution age
- No age limit on making contributions as long as you have earned income
*Subject to some minimal conditions. Consult a tax advisor.
**Certain exceptions apply, such as healthcare, purchasing first home, etc.
Want to invest a large sum of money for a longer term at a higher dividend rate? An IRA Certificate may be the ideal investment opportunity for your IRA needs. Upon maturity of your IRA Certificate, we will deposit the funds directly into your IRA.