As a valued member of Loudoun CU, we provide FREE access to money management and financial education services. We have teamed up with Accel, a financial management program, to provide our members with these free features:
Toll Free Information Line
Financial counselors are to assist you Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. (EST), Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. by calling 1-877-33ACCEL (332-2235) or visit them on the web at www.accelservices.org
Financial Counseling Sessions
Counseling appointments are focused entirely on your concerns and needs. All appointments include a detailed worksheet and action plan provided by an Accel financial counselor.
Credit Report Counseling
The program provides credit report counseling to assist you in understanding your personal credit report and credit score. Additionally, you can get a copy of your personal credit report from Accel for a nominal fee.
Debt Management Plan (DMP)
Working with you, an Accel financial counselor will contact your creditors to negotiate concessions and/or work out loan payment agreements. Typically, credit card companies will agree to lower rates, eliminate fees, and cease collection activity.
Accel's HUD-certified counselors can work with you to learn about the home-buying process before you purchase a home and if you are behind with your mortgage payment, a counselor can can review your options with you.
You also have access to Accel's online information library, personal finance calculators and videos. Click here to access the online information library.
Budget Smart Software Download
An easy to use software tool designed to help families manage money more effectively. You%u2019ll love this budgeting software because it provides a simple, effective approach to managing and budgeting income. It is also an effective educational tool for children and teens!
- Determine how you want to spend your income
- Track how you are actually spending your income
- Learn how to adjust to areas where your are overspending
- Experiment to determine how a major purchase or change in income would impact your budget.
- Graphs and charts to help you paint a financial picture
- Enables you to establish a budget within minutes
- Easy to track spending
- Provides tips for improving areas of overspending or inadequate savings
- Flexible budget features; customize to fit your lifestyle
- Calculators and a help wizards to assist you with goals
- Easy navigation throughout the program